We have the largest concentration of translationally-focused public sector R&D expertise in infectious diseases in the UK and are ideally positioned to address current and future health priorities in infection.
We have an extensive track record of establishing public-private partnerships and working with major public bodies in the area of infection including:
- World Health Organization
- TDR – the special programme for research and training in tropical diseases
- Department for International Development
- The Medicines for Malaria Venture
- The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
We have access to patient populations (and pathways for drug and diagnostic evaluation and implementation) in the UK and also in Africa, Asia and South America.
We have strong existing relationships with pharmaceutical and healthcare companies and our people are used to working in joint academic/commercial/health service teams.